Last year I celebrated my birthday a month of me. The #monthofme was a celebration of another year of life as I entered year 33.
My year is not usually synced with the start of a new year in January like most but instead with a new year of life for me which is my birthday. My desire is to change my birthday from being a time when I reflect on all that I haven’t accomplished to a time when I am excited about the accomplishments of the year past and focused on continuing the growth in to the year ahead.
I created a birthday bucket list of things I wanted to do and enjoy during my birthday month. Even though I did not accomplish all of my checklist items, I had a great month with friends and learned a lot. (Read the recap here)
Well it’s officially May again and I have decided to make the #monthofme an annual celebration. Just like last year I have created a birthday bucket list which includes things I want to see, do and experience this month. This list is intended to bring me closer to accomplishing many of my personal and professional goals. I desire to have fun along the way and I would love for you to join me in my month of me activities.
- Attend an Audrey Woulard Workshop
- Eat at 5 of my bucket list restaurants.
- (Yoders, Fodder & Shine/ Rooster & the Till/The Refinery, The Edison, Oystercatchers, Urban Comfort, Restaurant BT, Stillwaters Tavern, Queen of Sheba, Pearl in the Grove (Dade City), Eddie V’s, Sa Ri One, Doc B’s, Moreno’s Bakery, Fred’ s Southern Kitchen, Sea Salt, The Mill, Mazarros, Hawkers)
- Try a new food truck.
- Commission an artistic portrait of myself .
- Volunteer at least 2 hours of my time to giving back to others.
- Record a Lip Sync Video with friends.
- Treat myself to a day at the spa.
- Take a photo walk in the city and publish the photos.
- Go Skating or bowling with friends.
- Enjoy a day at the theme park.
- Take a bike ride in the city.
- Enjoy a beach day with friends.
- Begin my swim lessons.
- Complete 20 blog posts.
- Try a new hair style.
- Master the smokey eye look.
- Revamp my wardrobe.
- Take a road trip to somewhere new.
- Test 5 new recipes.
- Host a Yelp UYE.
- Enjoy all of my birthday freebies.
- Complete my first e-book.
- Write a handwritten note to tell someone thank you.
- Take time to reconnect with a 5 old friends.
- Surprise someone with a gift.
- Complete a random act of kindness.
- Work out at least 3x each week
- Have a professional photo shoot.
- Go skydiving .
- Sew an outfit for myself.
- Complete my certification tests for work.
- Complete my business registration and organize all of my business documents.
My desire was to create a list of 34 tasks to represent the number of years my mom has been blessed with my presence but I have fallen short. Please comment below with items you think I should add to my my month of me birthday bucket list.
Also share with my how you enjoy celebrating your birthday. Do you have any birthday rituals?