It’s my birthday!
So instead of celebrating Cinco de Mayo, I am celebrating Cinco de Tia.
I want to thank you for following along with me and reading my blog. Today I am sharing 34 of my favorite things with you as I celebrate the beginning of my 34th year of life.
- FOOD! I am a foodie for real, I live to eat good food. I think I should’ve gone to culinary school.
- Sweets! Dessert is my weakness, especially my mother’s peach cobbler. But rich dark chocolate is a close second.
- Doritos are my kryptonite (spicy nacho and nacho cheese specifically)
- Trader Joes Cookie Butter – eaten directly out of the jar with a spoon!
- Tropical Smoothies (all fruit, no dairy or supplements) – I do not drink coffee or tea so this is my substitute.
- Music – I am a sucker for a great mix from a good DJ.
- The theater – there is something about a Broadway musical that makes my heart happy.
- Cuddles! (And soft kisses on the forehead.)
- Audio books – I love learning but reading has not been my thing of late, audio books however are my best friend.
- A physical book and an actual bookstore. Even though I usually read audio books these days, there is still something about having a bound book.
- Cookbooks – I read them like I used to read novels.
- Freebies! This frugal chic loves a good sale but free is always better.
- Travel – take me away and let me be with the people. I love to see the world and experience culture through food, music and my interactions with the locals.
- T-shirts, jeans and flip flops which would be my daily uniform if I could. (Except for when I am at home then its amended to just T-shirt and panties)
- My friends and family – they keep me grounded and filled with love (and the occasional headache but I’ll take it).
- Sunflowers! I don’t know why but they have been my favorite flower since childhood.
- Anyone who washes dishes after I cook. Dishes are my least favorite chore so instant friendship for those who don’t mind.
- A handwritten letter.
- Lists – I couldn’t live life without them.
- Capturing that perfect image (no edits necessary)!
- Sweet wine – Moscato & Riesling reign supreme right now. A good sangria will hit the spot too.
- Seeing others smile as a result of something I have done.
- A good massage! The one that makes me feel so relaxed that I fall asleep and want to stay on the table for a few hours and when I wake up all of the pain is gone away.
- Sunrise or Sunset on the beach! It’s something about walking on the beach at that time of day that makes me feel at peace and relaxed.
- A trip where I am not asked to drive. I dream of having a husband one day who enjoys driving and will gladly let me be a forever passenger.
- Good manners – enough said right?!
- Good grammar! (Please note I intentionally break grammar rules for the sake of effect in my writing but I am really big stickler for grammar otherwise)
- Organized and clean space!
- Joanna Gaines, the Magnolia Mom of HGTV’s Fixer Upper. I really want to be her apprentice because she is super dope with an amazing design eye. But I especially love her relationship with her husband and dedication to her children.
- The aromatherapy line at Bath and Body Works.
- A warm bubble bath!
- A long chat with an old friend.
- Children – the purity of their hearts just makes me smile and warms mine.
- Purple – It is my favorite color and I love all shades.
Thank you so much for following along with my journey. I hope that I am able to share money saving tips and techniques that help you live a full life regardless of your budget.